Home Insurance Policy Assumptions
Please read the following declaration carefully as the information provided forms the basis of the insurance contract between you and us and any joint policyholder. If you misrepresent or fail to provide any information which could affect your insurance or if any of your answers are wrong or inaccurate, your policy could be invalid or a claim not paid.
You must disclose any information which the Insurer would take into account in the assessment of the risk. If you or any joint policyholder have any doubt as to whether certain facts are relevant please call 0800 298 2741.
To proceed you must agree with the following statements - if you do not or if you need further assistance please call 0800 298 2741 to speak with one of our friendly team.
- Your home is your main residence, is in a good state of repair and is self contained, having a separate entrance under your sole control.
- Your home is not currently undergoing any major structural renovation or construction work other than decoration or routine maintenance work.
- Your home is currently occupied solely by you or your family and from the commencement of the insurance will not be unoccupied for more than 30 days at a time.
- Your home is built of brick, stone or concrete and roofed with slate, tile, concrete or metal, and has no more than 30% of the total external roof area either covered with felt or flat.
- Your home does not have history or any evidence of subsidence.
- Your home does not have history or any evidence of heave.
- Your home does not have history or any evidence of landslip.
- Your home does not have history or any evidence of flooding.
- Your home does not have history or any evidence of coastal erosion.
- Your home does not have history or any evidence of river erosion.
- Your home has not suffered any previous damage from trees and there are not any trees higher than 10m within 5m of the property.
- Your home or any outbuilding is not a listed building.
- Your home is a private residence and is not occupied as a business premises other than for clerical type working and there are not any business visitors to the property.
- You or your family or anyone living with you has not had any previous insurance refused, cancelled or had any special terms imposed.
- You or your family or anyone living with you has not had any criminal convictions (other than motoring convictions) or been declared bankrupt or currently subject to bankruptcy proceedings.
- The buildings sum insured does not exceed £500,000.
- The contents sum insured does not exceed £50,000.
- The full replacement cost of all your high risk items does not exceed £15,000 and the replacement cost of any one high risk item does not exceed £2,500.
- Definition: High risk items are jewellery, furs or watches; sculptures, pictures, paintings or other works of art; articles made of gold, silver, precious metals or precious stones; clocks and any collections of stamps, coins, medals or banknotes.
If you do not agree with any of the above statements then please call one of our friendly team who will search for our cheapest price to suit your circumstances. Call us on 0800 298 2741
Get an online quote
Let us help you get the best deal
Call us on 0800 072 3768
to speak to your local branch