Landlords Home Emergency

Call us now to get a quote: 0800 316 6825


Protection with Swinton Business’ Landlords’ Home Emergency cover

Whether you’re a residential landlord letting one house, or a commercial property manager with an extensive portfolio, Swinton Business understands that you want any problems resolved with minimal disruption.

We can help you arrange a Landlords’ Home Emergency policy to ensure any properties you own are protected, should an unexpected emergency happen. 

What is covered by Landlords’ Home Emergency Insurance?

At Swinton Business, we know about the numerous responsibilities and potential risks that come with being a landlord.

As well as protecting your property against things like fires and floods, plus damage to household goods and furniture/fittings, you may also want to cover yourself for any home emergencies that may occur in your tenanted property, whether it’s occupied or not.

What will you be covered for, with a Landlords’ Home Emergency policy from Swinton Business?

  • Up to £750 cover for emergency labour, call out charges, parts and repairs
  • Includes hot water, central heating and boiler emergency repair cover
  • 24 hour, seven day a week helpline for round-the-clock assistance
  • Access to over 2,500 engineers/tradesmen
  • We’ll refund your previous 12 months’ premiums if our tradesmen aren’t with you within 24 hours of your call or agreed appointment time (excludes gas and central heating claims)
  • Restoring electricity or gas failure within the property
  • £100 cover for tenant's overnight accommodation following a covered emergency
  • 89% of emergencies fixed on first visit

Things you should know about Landlords’ Home Emergency Insurance

  • Landlords’ Home Emergency Insurance is available as an optional separate policy, which can only be purchased with your Property Owners policy
  • Cover starts after 14 days
  • Any claim must be made within 24 hours of discovery
  • Boilers and central heating systems must have been serviced within 12 months of the claim
  • Excludes boilers which are over 15 years old
  • Policy underwritten by Inter Partner SA UK Branch Assistance which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group

What should you do if there’s a home emergency at your rental property?

While a home emergency at a property you rent out is clearly less than ideal, it’s best to stay calm and focus on getting the problem fixed.

Firstly, make sure your tenants are safe, and then call the 24 hours a day, seven days a week emergency helpline: 0800 072 8785.

Remember – always keep your policy documents in a safe place, as you’ll need to provide your policy number when you call us. 

Are boilers covered by Landlords’ Home Emergency Insurance?

Yes, boilers are covered, but the following exclusions apply:

  • Boilers over 15 years old
  • Boilers that haven’t been inspected or serviced by a qualified person within the preceding 12 months

Call us now on: 0800 316 6825 to get a quote.