Childminder Insurance


Public Liability Insurance from as little as £31

10% of new customers paid £31 for annual Public Liability cover, 01/11/2020 to 30/04/2021. Premiums are based on individual circumstances.

If you’re a qualified nanny, childcare assistant or childminder and you care for any children under 17, even if it’s just for a couple of hours a day, it’s a good idea to have an insurance policy in place that protects you and your business. Whether you’re a self-employed nanny at a residential property, or you run a private nursery with staff, we can help you find an insurance package that works for you.

Why do I need Childminder Insurance?


Childcare and childminding insurance helps protect you and members of the public if an accident or injury happens at work which you’re responsible for, with cover from £1 million that can be extended as required. For example, if a member of the public, or child injures themselves as a result of a slip or fall while under your supervision, or you damage any property while working for a client, they could claim compensation. And that can be costly.

At Swinton Business we can find a childminder insurance policy that protects you, your premises, your clients and any equipment you use for work, including laptops.

We help you find Public Liability Insurance for Nannies and Childminders over the phone and explore any extra protections for your premises or business equipment if required.

Public Liability Insurance for Childminders and Nannies

Public Liability Insurance provides cover should an accident happen at work that involves a member of the public who then makes a claim against your childcare business. It is a common insurance, held by many businesses.

This covers you if a member of the public injures themselves on a piece of your equipment or has an accident such as a slip or fall, which is your responsibility, and leads to a claim against you.

We help arrange Public Liability Insurance for Nannies and Childminders from £1million, with optional extras that include insurance for your childcare equipment against theft, damage or fire.

How can I protect my work items and childcare equipment?

Business Equipment Insurance can be taken as an optional extra with your main business insurance, such as Public Liability Insurance. There are four levels of cover up to £10,000 and you are covered for any tools that are away from your base and overnight in a vehicle. Cover can even include PCs and Laptops used for your business.

The maximum claim per item is £1,500 and while equipment of tools stolen from vehicles by forced entry is covered, this is only if items are not visible and your vehicle security devices are working and activated. Policy underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Limited.

Useful Links