Making a complaint
At Swinton, our aim is to always exceed your expectations and to get things right, on time, every time. We also recognise that sometimes mistakes can happen and we get things wrong. Telling us you are unhappy is our opportunity to put things right and to learn from our mistakes so we can improve the products and services we offer in the future
Our promise to you
We will always aim to:
- Acknowledge your complaint promptly
- Resolve your complaint at the earliest opportunity
- Communicate our decisions clearly and fairly and let you know what you can do if you are still unhappy
- Learn from our mistakes to improve our services and products we offer
You can make your complaint by:
- Calling our Customer Assistance team on 0161 233 3676
- Writing to us at: Customer Assistance, Swinton Group Ltd, Embankment West Tower, 101 Cathedral Approach, Salford, M3 7FB.
- Completing our online feedback form.
How our complaint process works
We will aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible, normally within three business days, at which point we will send you confirmation in writing that your complaint has been resolved. On occasions we will require a bit longer to resolve your
complaint and in this case we will send you an acknowledgement letter telling you when we hope to reach a decision. We will then continue to keep you updated on our progress.
Once resolution has been agreed we will then write to you with our complaint decision (this is called a final response), it will either be to:
- Uphold your complaint, telling you why and what action we intend to carry out to put this right for you, or;
- If we do not uphold your complaint we will explain our reasons for doing so
If at the end of the process you remain dissatisfied, you may, in the first instance contact the Financial Ombudsman Service or an agreed Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider (ADRP).
The Financial Ombudsman Service can be reached via http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ or you can write to them at The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. If we agree to appoint an ADRP, you can make your complaint within 12 months of receiving our final decision. A list of ADRPs can be found using this link to the Trading Standards website.
Alternatively you can make your complaint via the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform at: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.