Why choose Swinton Insurance?
Cover for repairs
If your car is damaged in an accident or as a result of malicious damage, our Electric Car Insurance will cover the repair cost up to the market value of your vehicle.
Cover for electric and hybrid car batteries that are subject to accidental or malicious damage and theft.
Charging equipment cover
Cover for all charging equipment, including adaptors and cables.
If someone trips over your charging cable — Cover in case someone trips over your electric vehicle’s charging cable while outside of your property.
What types of electric cars are covered by Swinton Electric Car Insurance?
- Battery electric vehicle (BEV)
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV)
- Hybrid electric vehicle (HEV)
- Extended range electric vehicle (E-REV)
What’s included in our comprehensive cover for Electric Car Insurance?
- Car Insurance — Covers loss or damage caused by fire, theft, accident, or malicious damage.
- Courtesy car — If your electric car needs to be taken off the road, you'll be entitled to a courtesy car while your vehicle is being repaired.
- Windscreen Cover — If your windscreen requires repairs or replacement, we’ll cover the cost of repairs up to £150 and subject to excess. This increases with other levels of cover.
- Replacement locks — In the event that you need to get the locks on your vehicle replaced as a result of an accident or malicious damage, we’ll cover the cost up to £300. This increases with other levels of cover.
- Cover for personal belongings —We’ll cover you for claims on personal effects and baggage stolen from your electric car, within our comprehensive cover.
- Charging equipment cover — Cover for all charging equipment, including adaptors and cables.
- Liability cover if someone trips over your charging cable — Cover in case someone trips over your electric vehicle’s charging cable while outside of your property.
Extras and add-ons (subject to tiers)
- Protected No Claims Bonus – Protecting your no-claim bonus allows you to make a claim without your no-claim bonus being reduced.
- Breakdown Cover – Recovery to the nearest charging point if your battery runs out of electricity in the UK.
- Driver’s Legal Protection – We’ll cover you for up to £100,000 of legal fees following an accident that wasn’t your fault. Battery cover - Cover for electric and hybrid car batteries that are subject to accidental or malicious damage and theft.
- Uninsured Driver Cover – Cover for if you are involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault and the person responsible for the accident is not insured.
- New car replacement –If you’re involved in an accident that results in total loss of your vehicle which is less than 12 months old, we’ll replace it with a new one of the same make, model, and specification.
- Misfuel Cover for Hybrid Vehicles – We’ll pay up to £2,500, in addition to the policy excess, to drain and flush your fuel tank and repair any damage caused by misfuelling.
- Excess Insurance – We’ll repay your excess fees following a claim that results from damage caused by fire, theft, vandalism, or an accident.
- 14-day hire car – You’ll have access to a hire car for up to 14 days if your car is not driveable or at a total loss, resulting from an insured accident where there is no identifiable third party responsible.