Our specialist fleet team will work with your business
Whatever the size of your fleet, we know you want insurance that suits your individual needs. We'll help to find you the lowest quote we get back from a panel of taxi insurers, saving you the time and effort.
- Policies available for fleets of all sizes, including mixed fleets
- Legal liability, accidental damage, fire and theft cover available
- Public and employers' liability cover available
Taxi Fleet Insurance
At Swinton, we fully understand that taxi drivers work long and unsociable hours, and that your work can often be challenging, due to various driving conditions and having to deal with numerous types of passengers.
As the owner of a taxi fleet, which could include black cabs or minibuses, you’ll be all too aware that these issues are multiplied!
You’ll know just how many miles the taxis in your fleet are racking up, alongside the additional risks this comes with. It’s important that you find the right policy for your needs, to suit the volume of vehicles you have in your fleet.
Your taxi fleet’s drivers
In addition to ensuring your taxi fleet is adequately insured, you’ll need to make sure your taxi fleet’s drivers are up to scratch too:
- To get a licence to drive a taxi, you must apply to your local council.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and have held a full UK driving licence for at least 12 months.
- A background check will be carried out – this may include an enhanced criminal records check.
- You may also need a medical examination, a ‘knowledge’ test, and to take a driving test.
Find the right insurance for your taxi fleet
As you’ll have to add several drivers to your policy, we understand that your requirements are different to the average taxi driver. You can be assured that Swinton are on hand to offer a dedicated service for your fleet of taxis, for the lowest quote we can find.
We also offer Liability Insurance, and cover for accidental damage, fire and theft, ensuring that your fleet is protected against all possible events, as well as offering premises cover for a larger fleet.