Small Business


Public Liability Insurance from as little as £31

10% of new customers paid £31 for annual Public Liability cover, 01/05/2021 to 31/10/2021. Premiums are based on individual circumstances.

We'll help to provide the cover you need

As a small business it is vital to ensure that you can focus on growing your business so you don't want to have any nagging doubts about your insurance cover as you work with new customers and come into contact with members of the public who could claim against you if the unthinkable happens.

At Swinton Business we understand that as a small business, your time is valuable and no matter what your size, you need to make sure you've got adequate business insurance to cover you against the unexpected.

Challenge Swinton Business for a quote today either online or by calling our friendly UK-based team who can help you find the right level of cover. Just answer some questions and we will check our panel of insurers for potential policy options for your small business.

We offer a range of products such as Public Liability Insurance to cover against claims made by members of the public who have sustained injuries or damage because of your business to Professional Indemnity Insurance should a claim be made against you as a result of professional negligence.

We can also provide insurance to cover your Business Equipment or Commercial Property.

What insurance will I need for my small business?

The types of insurance that a small business needs varies depending on the type of activities that you carry out, the people you come into contact with such as customers or members of the public, whether or not you employ anyone else within your business or if you have any equipment or vehicle needs to be covered.

Public Liability Insurance can help provide protection if a member of the public or a client were to become injured or to suffer from property damage as a result of your business. 

Small businesses can also purchase Tradesman insurance and benefit from having Public Liability and Employers Liability cover in the same policy, with one renewal date. This is something to think about if you employ staff to work for your business as having Employer's Liability Insurance then becomes a legal requirement.

Depending on the nature of your small business then a Professional Indemnity policy may be required for any unforeseen scenarios where a client loses money due to an error you have made and then makes a claim against you.

With the prevalence of digital technology in business it may also benefit you to arrange Cyber Insurance cover for your small business to protect you in the event of ransomware, data breaches or a phishing attack.

After starting your small business there may come a time when the business grows and requires the employment of staff which would then by law require you to arrange Employers' Liability cover. This is so if any of your staff have an accident at work or become ill as a result of work they carry out for the business or your negligence you have insurance in place for any potential compensation claims or legal costs

Call us now or get a quote online

0333 035 9524   Get a quote online 

How much insurance do I need for my business?

At Swinton Business we offer Public Liability Insurance cover from £1 million that can be extended as required to fit the needs of your small business and type of activities and work that you carry out. When trying to calculate how much cover your small business will require on your policy then it is sensible to question:

  • Frequency and extent of any contact with members of the public?
  • The types of activity and work you carry out in your business and how that could affect or impact customers or members of the public?
  • Could your business afford to pay any legal fees or a compensation pay out should a claim be made against you for injury or damage etc.?
  • Does your industry regulator or trade body require a minimum level of cover for membership?
  • Do your clients or customers require a minimum level before they will commission work with you?

How Swinton Business can help

Public Liability Insurance: provides protection if a member of the public or a client were to become injured or to suffer from property damage as a result of your business. Cover starts from £1 million and can be extended as required. Although it is not a legal requirement in the UK it is a likely request from customers, trade bodies or industry regulators that you have a policy in place before you carry out work with them or apply for membership. Get a quote online now.

Employers' Liability Insurance: If you employ someone you are required by law to have Employers' Liability Insurance to cover you against potential legal costs or compensation claims should any of your staff have an accident or become ill as a result of your negligence or the work they do for you.

Professional Indemnity Insurance: Provides cover in the event of your work leading to a client losing money due to an error that you have made. In a situation where you may have made a miscalculation, missed a trademark, infringed copyright etc. it would impact both the reputation and bottom line of a company so a Professional Indemnity policy provides your clients with the confidence in your business that they would be compensated in the event of the improbable.

Landlord Insurance: From shops, offices and flats to warehouses and industrial units, we can arrange the cover commercial landlords need. Cover can include optional separate policies for Landlords Legal Protection and Landlords Rent Guarantee if required.

Motor Trade Insurance: Whether you're a repair garage, MOT centre or sole trader running a business from home, we can arrange Motor Trade Insurance suited to the specific needs of your business.

As an addition to your cover you may also require Business Equipment Insurance which Swinton Business can arrange at one of four levels of cover up to £10,000 for equipment, including PCs and laptops used for business, that are away from your office or overnight in a vehicle.

When thinking about whether you need this cover there are a couple of things to consider – The maximum claim per item is £1,500 and while equipment or tools stolen from vehicles by forced entry is covered, this is only if items are not visible and your vehicle security devices are working and activated. The policy is underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Limited.

It is important to ensure you select the right level of cover for your small business needs so you don't have any nagging doubts on your cover once you start working with your customers or when you come into contact with members of the public.

You can get a quote online for Tradesman Insurance or for any further information or queries on Small Business Insurance then contact the Swinton Business team today online or by calling: 0333 035 9524