What is No Claims Bonus?
A No Claims Bonus is the number of claim free years that you have had an insurance policy in your own name. You may also have heard the term no claims discount, this is the amount reduced from your annual premium as a result of building up your no claims bonus.
Need to send proof of your No Claims Bonus?
If you have not been insured with us within the last two years or have held insurance with any other company in this time then you will need to send us a copy of your no claims bonus.
Proof of your no claims can be:
- Scanned or photographed and emailed to us at [email protected]
- Posted to: Embankment West Tower, 101 Cathedral Approach, Salford, Greater Manchester, M3 7FB
Your questions answered:
You can normally find your stated no claims years on your bike insurance renewal notice, or you can also request it from your previous insurer. They will normally send you a letter or email stating the total number of No Claims Bonus years that you have.
As more insurers move to online you may have this provided by email, or find it in a secure online account. You can forward this on as a PDF or email. (The information contained in the documents must be clear and legible.)
In most instances you will find proof of your no claims bonus in the renewal notice you get from your previous insurer – just simply send it in to us and we will do the rest.
If you’re unsure, just follow the below information.
Where you will tend to find a copy of your no claims bonus.
- Your latest renewal notice
- A no claims bonus letter or email from your previous insurer
- A Statement of Fact (sometimes this is found in your renewal notice, it just needs to show your policy number)
- A cancellation letter from your last policy
What information it should show.
- The policy number
- The number of no claims bonus years you have built up
- Your name
- The name of your last insurer
- The date of issue (which needs to be in the last two years)
Proof of your no claims can be scanned or photographed, and emailed to [email protected]. You can also post it to:
Embankment West Tower
101 Cathedral Approach
If you are emailing proof to us, typically an image taken on your mobile will suffice. For images the file type should be a jpeg or a PDF. Please ensure that the information contained in any proof is clearly legible.