Log in and Registration Guides
How to log into your account
This guide shows you how to log into the My Account area, which is available to Car and Home Insurance customers:
Please note: If you previously had access to a MySwinton account, you won’t be able to access the My Account area with those log-in details. You will need to register again. Read our guide about How to Register
- Head to the Account Log In page.
- Enter the Username and Password that you chose when the account was registered. You may have done this when you bought your policy online or at a later date.
- Click the Log in button.
- If all your details are correct you will be taken to your Overview page which lists all the policies you have with us.
How to register your account
This guide explains how to register for the My Account area for Car and Home Insurance customers.
Looking for information for a different product?
- Go to the My Account registration screen
- You'll need to complete all of the fields on the registration form
- Username - choose a username that you'll be able to remember as you will need this each time you log in.
- Password - enter your password and confirm it in the second box. For security you'll need to include an uppercase and lowercase letter, a number and a symbol in your password.
- Email - You'll need to enter your email address to complete registration as we send an email once you’ve submitted your registration to validate your request.
- In the Policy Details section enter the Postcode related to your policy and the Date of birth for the policyholder.
- Your Policy number can be found on the letter or email that you will have received from us when you bought the policy. Please take care to enter this exactly as it appears on your document.
- Once all the fields have been completed click the 'Create Account' button
- If everything is correct you'll be taken to a thank you page and an email will be sent to your email address
- To complete your registration you'll need to click the link in the email we have sent you. It’s advised that you do this as soon as possible, as the link will expire within 14 days and you'll have to start your registration again.
What to do if you have forgotten your username
This guide explains what you need to do if you have forgotten the Username to your Car or Home Insurance account area.
- From the Account Log In page click the Forgotten Username button
- You'll be taken to the Forgotten Username page
- Enter the Postcode associated to your policy
- Enter the Date of birth for the policyholder
- Enter the Surname related to the account
- Enter the Email address you gave us when you registered the policy
- If you don't use your email address, click the 'I can't remember my email address' link and you will be given the option of providing one of the following: Client Reference, Web Reference or Policy Number - which you should have on the letter or email we sent you when you bought your policy.
- Once you have completed all of your details click the Retrieve Username button.
- Check your email account as you'll be sent details of the Username related to your account.
- You should now be able to log in as normal with this Username and your account password – see How to log into your account
What to do if you have forgotten your password
This guide explains what to do if you have forgotten your password for your account area for Car and Home Insurance customers
- Navigate to the Account Log In page and click the Forgotten Password button
- You'll be taken to the Forgotten Password page
- Enter the Username related to your account
- Enter the Postcode related to your policy
- Click the Next button
- We'll then send you an email that contains a link to reset your password. You’ll need to click on this as soon as you get the email as it is only valid for one hour
- When you click the link you'll be taken to a page where you can select a new password
- Select a new password and confirm it in the second box. For security you'll need to include an uppercase and lowercase letter, a number and a symbol in your password
- Click the Change Password button