Minibus Insurance

Call us now to get a Minibus Insurance quote 0333 035 9531

Find Minibus Insurance for your public or private hire business

There’s a lot of responsibility when you’re driving a minibus, as you’re carrying large groups of passengers in your vehicle.

Finding an insurance company that properly appreciates the risks associated with driving a minibus can take time, so let Swinton help you find the right policy for your private or public hire vehicle.

Our dedicated Taxi Insurance team will compare quotes from our trusted panel of insurers to get our lowest quote for your minibus, whether you use it as a taxi, or for private use. Our team will ensure that you, your business and your passengers are covered, giving you peace of mind.


How we can help

  • We compare insurance quotes to help you find the right cover for you
  • Discounts available for drivers with previous fleet experience
  • 24-hour UK-based claims service


We can also help you arrange cover for:

  • Up to £1,000 to cover replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen
  • Your taxi communication equipment (needs to be fitted at registration)


Call us now to get a Minibus Insurance quote 0333 035 9531

Get a bespoke Minibus Insurance quote

You’ll most likely be using your minibus for airport transfers, parties or weddings. On top of the usual pressures of being a taxi driver, there’s a bigger responsibility as a minibus driver, due to you carrying a higher number of passengers.


Do I need Taxi Liability Insurance with my Minibus Insurance?

While it’s not a legal requirement, having  Public Liability Insurance can provide you with extra peace of mind, in case someone is injured while in your minivan, or even outside of it. It’s worth considering if you regularly transport passengers.


What Minibus Insurance do I need for private use?

If your vehicle has between nine and 16 seats, you will need a Minibus Insurance policy, even if it’s for private use. Does your vehicle have less than nine seats? If so, you should look for a standard Car Insurance policy to cover it. If you are unsure about the type of policy you need, the team at Swinton can help you get the cover you need for your business.


What’s the difference between a minibus and a coach?

The difference between a minibus and a coach is that a vehicle with nine to 16 seats is normally classed as a minibus, while a vehicle with over 17 seats or more – including the driver’s seat – is usually referred to as a coach. Swinton can help you get an insurance policy for vehicles with 17 seats including the driver.


What sort of licence is required to drive a minibus?

You’ll normally need a PCV D1 or category D licence to drive a minibus, but note that there are exemptions, which you’ll need to check with your insurer before you drive a large passenger-carrying vehicle.


Taxi Insurance to suit your needs