Need to send proof of no claims bonus to us?
We want you to continue making the most of your no claims discount. If you haven’t been insured with us within the last two years and have held insurance with any other company in this time then you will need to send us a copy of your no claims bonus.
It’s easy to send it to us! Proof of your no claims can be:
- Uploaded at My Account
- Scanned or photographed and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted to: Central Administration Team (NCB), Swinton Insurance, 101 Embankment, West Tower, Cathedral Approach, Salford, M3 7FB
- If you require a copy of your NCB from a policy you hold with us, you can find it in your online account.
Your questions answered:
What is a No Claims Bonus?
No Claims Bonus is the number of years you have earned without having claimed on your car insurance policy.
No Claims Discount is the amount of any discount given on your insurance premium as a result of the number of years No Claims Bonus you have, this will vary by insurer.
Where can I find proof of my no claims?
As more insurers move to online you may have this provided by email, or find it in a secure online account. You can forward this on as a PDF or email. (The information contained in the documents must be clear and legible.)
What do I need to provide as proof?
If you’re unsure, just follow the below information.
Where you will tend to find a copy of your no claims bonus.
- Your latest renewal notice
- A no claims bonus letter or email from your previous insurer
- A Statement of Fact (sometimes this is found in your renewal notice, it just needs to show your policy number)
- A cancellation letter from your last policy
What information it should show.
- The policy number
- The number of no claims bonus years you have built up
- Your name
- The name of your last insurer
- The date of issue (which needs to be in the last two years)
Do you accept NCB earned on a van/mobility scheme?
What happens when I’ve sent my NCB proof?
What happens if I don’t send it?
Do I need proof if I’ve been with Swinton before?
Can I use NCB from a company car?