Home insurance : Claims
Step 1. Before you call
It'll help if you have the following items to hand:
- Policy documents - Don’t worry if they’re not immediately to hand, we can still help you.
- Police crime reference number (if applicable) - If your property is stolen or maliciously damaged you’ll need to inform the police who will give you a crime reference number.
- Photos, receipts or recent valuations if you have them - For items such as jewellery or other high-value items.
- Remember! Don’t throw away any damaged contents, the evidence of damage may be required for your claim.
Step 2. Contact your insurer
If you know who your home insurer is, you can contact them directly:
- Ageas claim online
- Ageas Phoenix 0345 122 3019
- Aviva 0345 030 6945
- Axa 0330 024 6842
- Covea 0330 024 2255
- Geo 0345 0744 760
- Integra 01274 700 810
- Lloyds Banking Group 0344 856 2344
- LV 0800 202 8464
- Prestige 08000 327 327
Not sure who your insurer is?
Simply register or log in to your online account and select Make a Claim. You will be presented with all the details you need to successfully make a claim.
Alternatively, if you received your documents by post, the name of your insurer can be found on the covering letter and on your policy schedule.
If you have the additional Home Emergency cover and need to make a claim against that, please call 0333 035 9383.
Step 3: What happens when I need to make a claim?
Let's put it right
Some more questions answered…
You can find your excess amount in your home policy schedule on “My Account” or your insurer will be able to confirm what this is for you when you call.