What is Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance?
Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance is a type of insurance policy that gives you financial protection for several individual trips within a year at a fixed cost. While our Single-Trip Travel Insurance provides cover for one journey, Annual Multi-Trip Insurance is perfect for frequent travellers.
Whether you’re heading away for business or holidays, our Annual Multi-Trip Insurance means that you don’t have to purchase a single-trip policy every time you plan to travel – which could end up saving you money in the long run.
How long does Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance last?
Swinton Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance lasts for one year and you can choose when you want your 12 months to start when you purchase your policy.
When completing your quote, you will also have the option to enter your maximum trip length by selecting from a range of durations. Select from 21, 30, 44, 61, and 91 consecutive days per trip.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of an annual multi-trip policy?
Unsure whether an annual multi-trip or single-trip policy is best for you? Take a look at our roundup of the advantages and disadvantages of an annual multi-trip policy below.
The advantages of Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance are:
- Better value for money – If you make several journeys abroad in a year, selecting an annual multi-trip policy can be cheaper than taking out several single-trip policies. While the upfront cost of a single-trip policy will be less, a multi-trip policy can be more cost-effective in the long term.
- 12-month insurance – You’ll receive travel insurance for a full 12-month period but will only need to purchase one policy.
- Automatic renewal – You have the option to automatically renew your annual multi-trip policy, so you can receive cover for another year without having to create a brand-new quote.
- UK travel included – With Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance, you’ll be covered for travel within the UK. UK cover only applies if you have a minimum of two nights pre-booked accommodation.
- No claims limit – You will be able to make multiple claims throughout the year.
The disadvantages of Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance are:
- Age limit – Swinton Annual Multi-Trip Insurance provides cover for people up to the age of 85. If you require holiday insurance for over the age of 85, there is no age limit on our Single-Trip Travel Insurance.
- Can be more expensive – Whilst our annual insurance policies can provide value for money for frequent travellers, it may only be cost-effective if you make several journeys within the 12-month period.
What does Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance cover?
- Cancellation – We’ll pay you up to the amount on your insurance certificate if you need to cancel or cut short your trip due to injury due to an accident, illness, and more.
- COVID cancellation & curtailment – Our policies will cover you if you need to cancel or cut your trip short because you’ve contracted COVID-19 and are required to self-isolate, if you’re denied boarding at your UK departure point because you display COVID-19 symptoms, and more.
- Baggage, personal effects & money – You’ll be able to claim up to your cover limit if your baggage is accidentally lost, damaged, or stolen whilst on your trip. This includes valuables, personal money, cash, and important documents.
- Delays – If you experience delays whilst on your trip, we can provide financial cover for claims relating to missed departures, travel delays and disruption.
- Medical and repatriation expenses – If you suffer from an unforeseen injury due to illness, disease, or an accident, you may be able to claim up to £10,000,000 for medical emergency and repatriation expenses.
- Personal liability – If you are found liable to pay compensation for damage to someone else’s property or causing injury to others, we will pay you up to the amount shown on your insurance certificate.
- Cruise cover – Cruise cover is included as standard within our Annual Multi-Trip policies. However, if you declare that you will be going on a cruise when you purchase your insurance, we can extend your policy to include additional cruise cover.
Can I get annual multi-trip cover with pre-existing medical conditions?
Yes, our Annual Multi-Trip Cover can look to provide cover for those with pre-existing medical conditions. These include:
- Breathing conditions like asthma and bronchitis
- Heart-related conditions
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
When creating your quote, you must tell us of all your pre-existing medical conditions. Otherwise, we may refuse to deal with your claim.
Does my Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance policy cover sports?
From cycling to horse riding, we’ll cover you for a wide range of sports as standard at no additional costs.
We also offer further cover for specific activities at an additional premium price — you can find the full list of sports that can be added to your policy in our policy wording.
Here’s a quick overview of just a few of the activities we provide cover for:
You’ll be covered for selected water sports as standard with our annual multi-trip policies. These include water skiing, water ski jumping, white water kayaking, and more.
For winter activities like skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating, we offer an optional upgrade that gives you additional cover for winter sports.
Bicycle riding and cycling are included within our annual multi-trip policies as standard.
For a full list of sports, and those which we can provide further cover for at a charge, please see our policy wording.
Which countries are covered with Swinton Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance?
With our Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance, you’ll be covered for travel to all countries except for those that the Travel Advice Unit of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) (or regulatory authority in a country to or from which you’re travelling) has advised against travelling to.
We recommend that you check the FCDO for the latest updates and travel restrictions.
Who is covered with Swinton Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance?Here at Swinton, our annual multi-trip policies are available for those up to the age of 85.
If you’re looking for travel insurance for those over the age of 85, our Single-Trip Travel Insurance has no age limit.
Why choose Swinton Insurance?
There are plenty of reasons to choose us for your Travel Insurance:
- 24/7 emergency claims line — We’re available all around the clock in the event that you need to make an emergency claim whilst on your trip.
- Policies tailored to your needs — Generate a quote to suit you by choosing from a range of cover options and additional upgrades to make sure you have the right protection in place.
- Multiple benefits included as standard — COVID-19 cancellation and curtailment, personal liability, and baggage and personal effects cover are included within all of our policies.
- Extensive experience — We have decades of experience in providing insurance deals for our customers.
Frequently asked questions
Travel Insurance isn’t essential, however, you may have to pay expensive charges in the event of an accident — even if you are not at fault.
Taking out a Travel Insurance policy means that you are eligible to claim back any costs incurred (up to policy limits).
The value of a Multi-Trip policy against a Single-Trip policy depends on how many trips you make. You’re more likely to save money choosing a Multi-Trip policy if you travel frequently: at least two or three times a year.
For frequent travellers and those who require travel insurance more often throughout the year, Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance is likely to be more cost-effective than individual single-trip policies.
We offer automatic renewal with our Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance policies.
Policyholders can select to opt into automatic renewal once they have purchased their policy.
In the event that you need to make a claim on your Travel Insurance, you will be responsible for paying a set amount towards the claim. This cost is called an ‘excess’. The excess must be paid per person, per incident, and per trip.
If you would like to protect against excess fees, we also offer Lifestyle Excess Protection where you can claim back any excess charges that you are liable to pay.