Rider's Legal Protection
Rider’s Legal Protection will cover up to £100,000 towards legal expenses which you may incur if you have an accident that wasn’t your fault where there’s a responsible third party. The policy is underwritten by RAC Insurance Limited.
If you report the incident as soon as possible and there must be a 51% or greater chance of legal proceedings being successful, Rider’s Legal Protection cover could help you with recovering the below from the responsible third party:
- Alternative travel costs for commuting whilst your bike is out of action.
- Compensation for personal injury.
- Loss of earnings.
- Cost of replacing damaged possessions e.g. phone, keys. Access to a 24hr legal helpline.
- Motor prosecution defence if you are accused of or have committed a riding offence.
- Dispute regarding a vehicle sale or purchase and servicing / repairs not up to expected standard.
- Recover repair costs for damage caused by potholes when riding on public roads.
Things you should know
- Details of the third party at fault must be known to proceed with your claim.
- There must be a reasonable chance that legal proceedings will be successful.
- Legal proceedings must not be commenced without the Insurer’s permission.
- Legal expenses or other cost are not covered if they are incurred prior to the insurer accepting the claim
Helmet and Leathers Cover
Helmet, leathers, boots and gloves are all part of your essential kit as a motorbike rider, and we can certainly appreciate how expensive this kit can be.
At Swinton, we're here to help you get back in the saddle. Our Helmet and Leathers Cover, underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Limited, will provide you with the following:
- Up to £1,500 cover per year for the replacement or repair of your leathers, boots, gloves and helmet following an accident
- A £50 excess applies per claim
- Proof of purchase is required to make a claim
Things you should know
- This policy does not cover wear and tear, theft, or any damage to passenger clothing or equipment
- Helmet and Leathers Cover can only be purchased with your Motorbike Insurance policy
- Underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Limited
Motorcycle Personal Accident Cover
Motorcycle Personal Accident provides cover for bodily injuries suffered as a result of an accident whilst riding your Motorcycle. Our Motorcycle Personal Accident Insurance, underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Limited, also covers the named drivers and pillion passengers in addition to the main policyholder.
- Cover provided for riders up to 85 years of age
- Lump sum payments in the result of a bodily injury up £21,000 (quadriplegia)
- Accidental death, loss of sight, limbs, speech or hearing, and total permanent disablement £15,000
- £50 a day hospitalisation up to a maximum of £500 per accident
- Fractured bones up to £1,000
- Dislocations £500
- This policy does not cover claims arising from or associated with physical or mental conditions or disabilities which you suffered from prior to the accident
- This policy does not cover claims arising from criminal activity or whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- There is no cover whilst the vehicle is being used for hire or reward, racing, competition, trials, track days, speed testing or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade, haulage or courier services
Motorcycle Personal Accident Cover FAQs
The cost of Motorcycle Personal Accident Insurance is a fixed cost of £22.99.
If your motorbike is involved in an accident, Excess Protection, underwritten by AmTrust Europe Ltd, will refund the cost of your excess once a claim has been settled.
Things you should know about Excess Protection
- Excess Protection can only be purchased with your Motorbike Insurance policy
- You can claim up to a total of £500 over a maximum of two claims within your insurance period
- Your excess must be lower than the total cost of any insured incident
- Once your insurance claim has been settled, you must report your claim to recover your excess within 14 days
- Underwritten by AmTrust Europe Ltd
Why choose Swinton for your Motorbike Insurance?
- We'll compare quotes from a panel of specially selected UK motorbike insurers
- All our bike policies come with at least 30 days European cover as standard
- Cover up to four motorbikes on one multi-bike policy
Motorcycle Breakdown Cover
Breakdown Cover? We understand that the last thing you want to be thinking about while you're out on the open road is breaking down – find out more about our Motorcycle Breakdown Cover options.