What is Home Emergency Cover?
Home Emergency Cover provides you with 24 hour access to qualified help when an emergency at home happens unexpectedly. If you need an emergency repair, your Home Emergency Cover provides you up to £500 including VAT towards the call out, labour
charges and for any parts or materials.
Swinton Home Emergency Cover
Swinton Home Emergency Cover is underwritten by Inter Partner SA UK Branch Assistance which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group. Swinton Home Emergency cover is only available when you purchase a Swinton home buildings and/or contents insurance policy. If chosen, it forms part of the overall policy and so runs for the same term.
Get Home Emergency Insurance now
Benefits of Swinton Home Emergency Cover include:
- No age restriction on Boilers
- We fix 89%* of all emergencies on the first visit
- We attend to drain emergency cases in an average of four hours
- 24 hour emergency helpline
- Beyond economical repair cover for boilers
- Temporary heating as per the policy wording
*Statistics quoted are based on data gathered from October 2018 to September 2019
- Claims within the first 14 days aren’t covered.
- Cover is provided for your house or flat that is your main residence used for domestic purposes only in the United Kingdom
- Other features, benefits and limitations exist, please contact us for details.
What does a Home Emergency Insurance policy cover me for?
Swinton Home Emergency Insurance cover will provide you with up to £500 (including VAT) worth of cover for home emergencies, such as:
- Heating or hot water failures.
- If the boiler can’t be fixed you’ll get £250 towards a new one.
- Plumbing problems relating to burst pipes, or leaking toilets
Internal electrical problems that make your home uninhabitable
- Blocked sinks, baths and toilets (unless the responsibility lies with your local water provider)
- Removal of pests and vermin from your home (detached garages and outbuilding excluded)
Why do I need Home Emergency Cover?Home Emergency covers emergencies such as your boiler suffering a breakdown, no heating in winter, or a leak. Home Emergency therefore, can provide the reassurance that should the worst happen help is at hand.
Does Home Emergency Cover affect no claims?
If you need to make a claim on your Home Emergency policy, your No Claims Bonus on your main
Home Insurance policy will not be impacted, however you may still have to claim on your home insurance for any damage caused by these issues. It’s also important to note that Home Emergency isn’t a maintenance contract where you can claim
for day-to-day repairs such as a broken toilet seat or dripping tap.
Does Home Emergency Insurance cover boiler breakdown?
If your boiler breaks down leaving you with no heating or hot water you can make a claim and if the boiler can’t be repaired you can claim £250 towards a new one. Please note that if the boiler breaks down as a result of poor maintenance your claim may be rejected. To claim on your Home Emergency Cover please call 0333 035 9007 as soon as possible.
Can I claim on my Home Emergency Insurance policy for plumbing issues?
You can claim for an emergency plumbing issue relating to the flushing mechanism of a toilet and leaks coming from:
- A toilet
- Pipes leading toand from the shower or bath
- Internal section of the overflow pipe;
- Central heating water pipes;
Check your policy for full details of what you may or may not be covered for.